Answered

Era 100 - “There was a problem adding Alexa”

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Has anyone else had issues setting up Alexa on their Era 100? I have a One with Alexa enabled but when I try to add Alexa to my 100 I get a “There was a problem adding Alexa” error after clicking the “Sign in to Amazon” button.

I have logged out of and back into the Amazon Alexa app, and disabled/re-enabled the Sonos skill in that app. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 6 April 2023, 10:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Good evening

Replace my Sonos Gen one ( pair) with a pair of Era 100. Really pleased with the new speakers. Worth the upgrade in my opinion. 

The setup was not straightforward. Initially used my phone to set up the first speaker only to have an error message ‘ another App using airplay’ Could not work that out so I used my iPad. All went OK.  There was an issue with Alexa in that I couldn’t get Alexa to work with the new speakers. Seems that was my fault for trying to add the new speakers with the same room name I used on the Sonos ones. Changed the room name and all was well.  

Overall I am impressed with the pair of Era 100. They sound terrific as a stereo pair.

•  

I also have been unable to set up my ERA 100 with the Alexa app. I have it attached in the Alexa app, but the speaker does not recognize that I have set it up in the Alexa app. I hope Sonos can look into this a provide a fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kmmccorm & @npianko 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You should no longer have any problems adding Alexa to your Era speakers - please try again. If you continue to have issues, you may have a room name conflict as described by @Nick2319, but if not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.