Enable/Disable surround by asking Alexa (Arc)

• 16 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 12 replies

Hello,

it would be great if I could disable/enable surround directly with Alexa.

Surround could be annoying when children are watching tv while we have breakfast.

… if not maybe a shortcut with iOS?

thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hello,

Surround could be annoying when children are watching tv while we have breakfast.

thanks

There’s a 3rd party iOS shortcut plugin App called Soro that allows you to create a shortcut on iOS to do this  - so maybe research that yourself, as you can then use Siri to run the shortcut and achieve the outcome you’re looking for.

See the example iOS shortcut screenshot attached that I’ve just cobbled together to show that it’s possible with the plugin.

I’m not affiliated to the App - just tend to occasionally use it myself.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great, thanks, will try.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

thanks

There’s a 3rd party iOS shortcut plugin App called Soro that allows you to create a shortcut on iOS to do this  - so maybe research that yourself, as you can then use Siri to run the shortcut and achieve the outcome you’re looking for.

See the example iOS shortcut screenshot attached that I’ve just cobbled together to show that it’s possible with the plugin.

It works like a charm but it’s expensive.

what are your favorite shortcut with Soro?

Hello,

thanks

It works like a charm but it’s expensive.

what are your favorite shortcut with Soro?

Gosh I have lots (too many) and glad to hear the Soro App has worked for you - I guess the one shortcut I like/created a while back, is to reset all the Sonos rooms as ‘ungrouped’ and back to their default EQ/Sub settings.

I have others that set separate EQ settings for TV audio and Music audio in my HT setups in the Living Room, Dining Room, Main Bedroom and Kitchen/Diner.

I also have some shortcuts saved as icons to the iOS main screen to quickly change night sound/speech enhancement and to group/ungroup some main rooms etc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

How is it possible an alternative app does shortcut and not native iOS app. How are managed that option? 

is it possible to execute que http request directly with iOS  shortcut without 

How is it possible an alternative app does shortcut and not native iOS app. How are managed that option? 

I’m no expert here with such things, but I guess Sonos publish the cloud based API for other developers to exploit these options - it’s no more than their App can achieve, but I guess they choose to leave these things to outside developers.

is it possible to execute que http request directly with iOS  shortcut without 

No, not that I’m not aware of - in fact Sonos has removed much of the local http web interface to their devices, possibly to reduce any potential security concerns.