Answered

Echo Show w/ Sonos Play 1

• 3 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a pair of play 1's in my kitchen. I would like to also have an echo show in my kitchen with the sound played on the Sonos speakers. Is this possible? Not just for music, I want the sound for videos to come through the Sonos Speakers as well, and everything else the Echo Show outputs to audio.
icon

Best answer by upstatemike 3 October 2018, 16:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Unfortunately the Play1s do not have a line-in and the Echo Show is the one Echo in the current product mix that does not have a line-out. Some options are:

Try the new version of the Echo Show to see if the improved sound will suffice for your needs. It is supposed to be much better than the previous version.

Get a Connect plus a Bluetooth adapter and use the Bluetooth out of the Show to the Bluetooth adapter connected to the Connect to play through the Play1s (not recommended)

Get a Spot instead of a Show, plus a Connect and use the Line-out on the Spot to feed the input of the Connect to play through the Play1s (also not recommended)

Maybe others will think of additional ways to approach this.