Question

Echo Show skill

• 15 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Do we think Sonos are planning a skill for the Echo Show? I don't know what how much it can do but some on-screen control of music would be cool

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/build-skills-for-echo-show.html

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would doubt it, but it may have been part of their deal with Amazon so who knows. Current focus seems to be general voice skills.
It would be nice if the Echo Show could be synced to display the lyrics of music being played through Sonos. It would also be coo if somebody made a Sonos Controller skill that let you build play lists and do other tasks that are cumbersome using only voice commands. Maybe also a simple control screen to provide quick access to transport, volume, grouping, and EQ without swiping through multiple menus on a tiny phone display.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Presumably the Echo Show is Android so some sort of controller may be possible, maybe a 3rd party will come up with something.

I've just picked up an Echo Show for £80 new and no idea what to do with it :? But if I could put it in the kitchen for YouTube recipes (when it's back) and Sonos control then it would be of some use.
I mostly listen to personal playlists so I have made a lot of them. It is handy to tell my Show to show me my playlists and see a numbered listing of them all. I can then choose one by name or just say play x where x refers to the number in the list.

I don't think you will have trouble coming up with things to do with your Show. New features get added pretty much weekly.