Echo dot auto play on connect amp not working

• 6 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I have set up an Amazon Echo Dot with a Sonos a connect Amp, everything working fine, however after a full power cut, the Autoplay now no longer works. If using the Connect Amp through, for example, the Spotify App from the Sonos controller, and then asking Alexa for the weather, it does not cut in. We have to select the line-in from the Sonos controller to pick it up!!! I have checked all the settings and they were as before the power cut. I.e.from Sonos controller Use Autoplay Volume is on, Autoplay Room is selected and all is ok as stated above it will play if manually selected from the Sonos controller, from the Alexa App the Start of Request and End of Request are turned on. Very frustrating as was working beautifully before power cut.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suspect it is because your devices booted out of sequence after the power cut. Please power down your devices for 10 secs in this order, letting each device fully boot before moving to the next device:

- Router
- Any wired network switches;
- Any wired Sonos devices;
- Any other Sonos devices.

Please retest and let us know how things go.
Badge
Brilliant, that worked a treat. Many thanks. All now back to normal with the Alexa working smoothly with Sonos.
Badge
Having same issue - resetting everything and booting in sequence is not helping - any other suggestions? I've gone so far as factory resetting the Connect:AMP the Dot is connected to no avail... Specifically AutoPlay volume is not working...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having same issue - resetting everything and booting in sequence is not helping - any other suggestions? I've gone so far as factory resetting the Connect:AMP the Dot is connected to no avail... Specifically AutoPlay volume is not working...

Hi

Please try the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126