Question

Echo Dot and Sonos Play 1

• 23 October 2017
  • 7 replies

I have successfully (I think) paired the echo dot with Sonos - added the skill and Sonos appears in list of devices. However when I try to play via Alex nothing happens - example if I say "alexa play tunein on bedroom" - alex repeats the command but no sound comes out. Apologies if this is already asked but does anyone have any advice or troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have exactly the same problem! I have loaded both on both but Alexa answers and says it's playing on sonos but nothing?
You cannot simply say "Alexa, play TuneIn in (room name)". There are thousands of stations on TuneIn, you have to specify by station name or call sign. Here are some commands and syntax for TuneIn:

To start TuneIn playback
Alexa, play (TuneIn station/radio call sign) in the (room name)
Alexa, put on (TuneIn station/radio call sign) in the (room name)
Alexa, start playing (TuneIn station/radio call sign) in the (room name)

See other commands here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343

Also, see the troubleshooting tips here:

ttps://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4345

If those do not work, something else is wrong and I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference number here.
Hi

I've submitted a diagnostic report now. 8008224.

Both sonos devices are listed on Alexa, However no matter what I try doesnt work.

I disabled the skill and deleted the devices and redid the setup but same result.

EchoDot repeats the command correctly to play in the bedroom - but nothing comes out.

Help - any other trouble shooting tips ?

Is there a test command or anything i can run.

Thanks

John
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi

I've submitted a diagnostic report now. 8008224.

Both sonos devices are listed on Alexa, However no matter what I try doesnt work.

I disabled the skill and deleted the devices and redid the setup but same result.

EchoDot repeats the command correctly to play in the bedroom - but nothing comes out.

Help - any other trouble shooting tips ?

Is there a test command or anything i can run.

Thanks

John

Do you have any other devices named 'Bedroom' (e.g. Hue Lights). If yes, I'd suggest changing their names to be different from the Sonos room.
Thanks

I've only two devices - Bedroom, Family Room
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Ok, so “Alexa, play Xxx in thefamily room” doesn’t work, for example? In the Alexa app, double check what your default music service is? What is yours? Mine is Amazon Music. You will also need the same music services adding on your Sonos app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Try disabling Voice Control for the Sonos 1 within the Sonos app and then enable again.