Echo delay when grouping rooms.

• 27 March 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbase with two Play:1s as surrounds, I also have 2 Ones in a different group. They play music fine with no delay when grouped together but I can't figure out how to get the Ones added without a delay when grouped with the surround pair while watching TV. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

After playing around with it a bit it seems like it might not be as much of an issue as i thought. The tinny echo sound only comes when both groups are set at the same volume, it disappears completely when the paired Ones are set a few notches quieter than the surround group. Still not 100% sure I'm using them to their best though so if there are any better ways I can pair them I'm open to suggestions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Grouped speakers that play TV audio will have around 70ms audio delay from the Playbar and surrounds.

For watching TV/Film it is definitely NOT how they are intended to be used (grouping the Playbar room with other speakers) as you noted there is an appreciable audio delay and likely the experience will be horrible. Sometimes you might want to group speakers in an adjacent room so you could still hear TV dialogue in another room whilst you weren't looking at the screen but for me I've never found the need to do that