Answered

Echo confirms command but Sonos doesn't play

• 5 October 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
I have multiple cases where I say "Play TuneIn in the Kitchen" the Echo confirms saying something like "getting last station played.... Playing Today FM in the Kitchen" and then nothing happens.

Have other people had this?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 October 2017, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Badge +1
Hi. Yes I have something similar:

- I set up as instructed (I have 1 playbar, 1 playbase,, 1 Five, 2 Threes, 2 Ones and 3 dots)
- I asked Alexa to play a radio station (Radio 2) in the office, but the music played through the dot rather than through Sonos
- I then realised that I had named the dot and the sonos speaker the same thing - office, and wondered if this created an issue
- I renamed the dot 'dotoffice', but it still does not pass the command to the sonos, but plays it through the dot

Feeling a bit underwhelmed
Userlevel 1
@Seanwatts I had the same issue. I renamed the dots and that issue went away.

It now just has that issue where it doesn't always play even though it seems to think it is playing based on the response from the echo.
I also receive voice feedback stating that Alexa understood what I wanted to play (and where), and then nothing happens anywhere. Also attempting to use a Tunein station (in my case, CBC radio)
Badge +1
Yep I renamed my dot to dotone but when I ask it to 'play radio two in office' it still plays through the dot

Any advice please?
Userlevel 1
The classic, turn everything off then on again might work. Maybe the names haven't been updated across the systems
I had been waiting for this for so long and it really would had made my day.
But I asked Alexa to play Wonderwall on Main Room or Play AeroSmith in Main Room and all it does is play whatever was playing on my Deezer. Then I made sure to make Amazon Music my default on the Echo app.
I asked the same commands and now it just plays whatever song was playing or had been playing on Amazon Music.
Serious Blue Balls.
And this had been in beta out on Reddit all this time and it works like this?
Seriously WTF?
Yep I renamed my dot to dotone but when I ask it to 'play radio two in office' it still plays through the dot

Any advice please?

I would recommend not using the word "Radio" as a title for your devices. It is definitely problematic to have similar named items when dealing with Alexa's voice recognition. She is likely getting confused thinking you are requesting a radio station.
Badge +1

Any advice please?

I would recommend not using the word "Radio" as a title for your devices. It is definitely problematic to have similar named items when dealing with Alexa's voice recognition. She is likely getting confused thinking you are requesting a radio station.

Sorry I wasn't clear - radio two was the name of the station not the name of my dot!

I switched everything off and back on and now it works!
I have the same problem. Already switched everything off and on. Reactivated the skill. Nothing helps.
I have the same problem. Already switched everything off and on. Reactivated the skill. Nothing helps.

I would submit a diagnostic and then post your issues and the reference number to the beta feedback page here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta
Userlevel 1
Thanks I submitted a report now