Question

Duplicate speakers in Alexa App

• 2 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I've been having problems with Alex voice control over a pair of Sonos One speakers I recently added to an existing Echo. While poking around the Alexa app I found 5 speakers listed -- Echo, Living Room (Sonos), Master Bedroom (Sonos), First Sonos One and Second Sonos One. The 4 Sonos speakers have 4 individual serial numbers listed. Only Living Room and Master Bedroom are listed in the Sonos app, but the Alexa app says the two other speakers, not Living Room and Master Bedroom, are online.

Can I assume the two "MyName" speakers are just duplicates that were created when I inadvertently asked the Alexa app to search a second time for speakers on the network. Should they be deleted? How do I do that? If so, will the Living Room and Master Bedroom speakers automatically go "online"?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +20
Each Sonos One is actually two devices, an Alexa device and a Sonos speaker. The Alexa part will show as online. I renamed the Alexa devices to have the name Alexa+room name.