Answered

Does Sonos app update 15.2 break your system?

• 28 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Alexa on Beam v1 is broken after the 15.2 update.  Fed up. Every update destroys my system. How about you?

icon

Best answer by mhutchz 3 April 2023, 22:17

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And you have to mention this twice on the community? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

And you have to mention this twice on the community? 

Three times and counting!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I’ve got a Beam v1 and the only thing I noticed immediately after updating was that the lossless indicator no longer showed when playing Amazon Music. After 3-5 minutes though, it started showing it again properly.

I also just tried Alexa and it works fine for me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nollind, have you updated to controller version 15.2?  For me, Alexa is greyed out in Services & Voice, as shown below...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you disabled and then enabled your Alexa skill within the Alexa App?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Have you disabled and then enabled your Alexa skill within the Alexa App?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mhutchz 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, as there are quite a few entries there “greyed-out”.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks Corry, I eventually fixed it by removing the Sonos skill from Alexa AND also removing the device (my Beam) from Alexa (done within my Amazon account settings), and then re-installing the Sonos skill then adding back my Beam. All good now. (Disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill without removing the device didn't help.)

Alexa on Beam v1 is broken after the 15.2 update.  Fed up. Every update destroys my system. How about you?

Get a bose..safer than this sonos crap