Disappointed

• 15 March 2018
  • 4 replies

I too am very disappointed with the Sonos One I just purchased. Sonos should never have released this product in countries where all of Alexa’s features were not fully supported and functional. What they have done is tarnished their reputation. My One is back in the box and will be returned. Shame on Sonos.
😞

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you explain which particular issues you have. The Sonos One is an 'Alexa Enabled' device and as such some skills are not compatible but most are!
There are a number of issues. Location and many of the voice services do not work in Canada. Much too costly to have only limited functionality. I have returned the unit.
Maybe it's just me, but with tech products like this, I've learned to research a product to get an idea of it's features before I buy one. I didn't buy a Sono One, because it didn't have the features I'm interested in. I don't blame Sonos for releasing it though. It has a lot of features people like, and it looks to be selling well. It made a lot of sense for Sonos to release before the Christmas season, even though it doesn't have all the features I want, you want, and as far as I can tell, what Sonos wanted as well.
I did due diligence re my research. Regardless, for a costly high end audio product with the reputation that Sonos enjoys the One was a disappointment. Not only to me it seems judging from other comments herein and elsewhere on the web.