Answered

Default startup volume?

• 19 May 2018
  • 5 replies

on a few occasions I have been caught out by my Play 5s coming on stupidly loud when I get Alexa to play something. It would be nice to have a default startup volume that doesn't blow your head off!
icon

Best answer by Master T 19 May 2018, 23:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9
I use a webCoRE routine in SmartThings to automatically reset the default volume on my speakers whenever they have been inactive for 10 minutes or so, just to avoid those unpleasant surprises. 😃
That doesn't mean much to me? Can you explain those things a little better please?
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
SmartThings is a hub for wireless smart home devices like light switches, locks, doorbells, etc. webCoRE is a smartapp that installs in SmartThings and allows the user to create custom routines to control those devices. If you don't have SmartThings already or aren't planning to build out your smart home, it's not worth buying just to control your Sonos devices.
Can you post the piston about timing out after ten minutes so I can duplicate it
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
See the post at https://community.webcore.co/t/sonos-speakers-auto-volume-adjustment/5919