Question

Control tv volume verbally with the alexa

• 16 June 2019
  • 2 replies

How can I Control the tv volume verbally with the alexa? I have Sonos Beam, One Gen 2 and can get the elxa to control the alexa music voice etc verbally but cannot get the alexa to control the turn the tv on off nor turn the tv volume up down. Is there a solution?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Say "Alexa". Say the wake command to wake Alexa and she will begin listening for your next command.
  • The default wake command is "Alexa," but if you've changed it to "Echo," "Amazon," or some other command, then use that instead.
Ask Alexa to increase or decrease the volume. In your own words, ask Alexa to raise or lower the volume and she will adjust the volume by one step up or down. For example, say, "Alexa, increase the volume," or "Alexa, lower volume."You can make the phrase more conversational, such as "Alexa, would you please lower the volume for me?" But simply saying, "Alexa, louder," or "Alexa, decrease,"will work too.

Adjust the volume to a specific level between 0 and 10. With 0 being mute and 10 being the loudest, you can ask Alexa to change the volume to a specific level.
  • For example, say, "Alexa, set the volume to 6," or simply say "Alexa, volume 6."
Ask Alexa to mute the audio. Simply say, "Alexa, mute," and, "Alexa, unmute," to mute and unmute the audio. When Alexa unmutes the audio the volume will return to the previous level you were listening at.
  • You can also unmute by telling Alexa to set the volume to a desired level, as in, "Alexa, volume 3."
Thank you. Still looking at how to have the Alexa control the tv volume as it doesnt seem to want to do that.