Answered

connect to roam with alexa

• 4 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I have 2 sonos roams and they have both lost connection with Alex so I'm unable to control by voice 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 November 2023, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @gunner670, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Does Alexa on the Sonos Roam respond to any command or does she not respond at all. If she isn’t responding, then the microphones on the Roam speakers may be disabled. The LED next to the microphone button is hard-wired, so if the LED is off, then you know the microphone is off.

If the microphone LED is on and Alexa responds with phrases like "I'm sorry I can't understand right now" or "That Device is offline", then we know it’s not a microphone issue and that Alexa is enabled. Check if non-music commands work, such as asking Alexa for the weather or time. If she doesn’t perform these skills, you may have to remove and re-add Alexa to your Sonos system.

I would recommend checking in the group section of the Alexa app that under each group, the Sonos device is checked for the "Preferred Alexa-Enabled Device" AND "Device, which is found by opening the Alexa App → Devices → Groups. It’s also worth removing and re-adding the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. 

If the steps above don’t help resolve the issue, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps!