Answered

Connect amp and Amazon echo/dot

• 23 May 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi. K have my connect amps in a cupboard running cables to 2 wired speakers in the bathrooms. I'd like to use voice activation to control my music . My question is can I hook up the Amazon echo/dot in the cupboard and somehow use the speakers in the bathrooms to "talk" to the dot and change music or must the Amazon device be the speaker that hears my commands? I don't want to have Amazon devices in the bathrooms.....

Any suggestions welcome!
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 23 May 2018, 16:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, the speaker will not act as microphones for Alexa. You could set it up so that you have a dot in your bedroom or other room and give the command "Alexa play XXX in the bathroom" though. I think this may be more of what you want, if your issue is having microphones in your bathroom.

When you get your dot, add the Alexa smart skill and it should get everything linked up correctly.
That's what I thought unfortunately. Wished there was a better solution . Thanks