Answered

Connect amp and Alexa

• 26 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a CD player on the line-in of a connect amp, grouped in Sonos app. I want to play CDs to my Play 5's and use Alexa as voice control. The Play 5's work great with Amazon Music as a source, but Alexa discovered the Connect Amp as a speaker, not a music source. Have not yet found the key to getting my CDs to play. At this point, im not even certain i have my amp confogured properly in the Sonos app, since it seems to want a music source identified, even though i want to use the line-in. Maybe i should just delete all and start over.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 March 2019, 17:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Go to Settings > Room Settings > (Connect:Amp room name) > Line-In Settings. Turn Autoplay to 'On' and select the Play:5's room name as the Autoplay default. This will switch to the Line-In source automatically whenever a signal is sensed. No voice control is needed, since when you insert a CD and hit play, Sonos will switch to the Line-In and play it over the Play:5's.
Thanks!