Answered

Clashing names

• 4 October 2017
  • 6 replies

What can I do with clashing names for Alexa devices and Sonos devices ?
For example I have an Alexa dot called kitchen and a sonos device called kitchen. When I ask alexa to play it defaults to music coming from the dot rather than sonos.
I don't want to rename everything strangely as it doesn't make it user friendly... any ideas ?
icon

Best answer by Chris 5 October 2017, 04:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Also have hue lights called "kitchen", these don't work due to the mix up now !
Um, try renaming them?
Rename Sonos in Kitchen to 'Sonos Kitchen'?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Rename Sonos in Kitchen to 'Sonos Kitchen'?
Or the lights to Kitchen Lights.
Or maybe "Lumos" for the lights?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I found calling all my alexa devices putting room in front of name worked well. The only time you really use the alexa name is with intercom calling feature. So example I left my Sonos as Kitchen and then called the alexa “room kitchen”. So when I use intercom I say drop in room kitchen. So the wording flows nicely and it keeps the names from being mixed up. Changing the Sonos to Kitchen I didn’t find alexa wod pickup well when I would say play music on Sonos Kitchen. Works much better and reliably leaving Sonos as plain “kitchen” and alexa as “room kitchen”. Plus I didn’t like having Sonos in front of all zone names in the Sonos app.