Question

Choose alexa alarm sound

• 7 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
  • Enthusiast I
  • 98 replies
Does anyone know how to choose the alarm sound when setting an alarm on a Sonos One using Alexa? I can't find the option in the Alexa app as it would be with an echo device.

I do realise an alarm can be set in the Sonos app, but it seems the Sonos alarm can't be controlled by alexa command!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This isn't yet possible on the Sonos One.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Thanks. Any idea if it's coming? Right now I'm about annoyed enough with the lack of functionality that I'm near to returning within the return window!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
New functionality is being release on a 3-4 week cycle at the moment, although I have no idea if this frequency will be maintained during 2018. There is a long list of requested functionality that Sonos are looking into but they haven't given any indication of dates as yet - personally, I'd hang in there but I'm a huge fan of Sonos. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Thanks. Just disappointed as I had, in part, convinced myself that I could replace an Echo Dot with the Sonos One, but finding that I can't for many purposes. So far some quite basic things like this are just missing. It might help if there were some sort of 'roadmap', even if it were vague on dates. As it stands there is no guarantee that it will ever replace the Dot.
Sonos rarely publish a road map. Even more rarely do they publish a road map when at least a portion of the functionality is reliant on the decisions and/or development by a partner like Amazon.