Answered

Change Language - Sonos App does not give me an option

• 25 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Just bought a Sonos Move - arrived yesterday, followed the instructions and set up the device without any major problems. Downloaded the Sonos app (version 2) then downloaded the Amazon Alexa App. Set up TuneIn, set up Voice Control and before you know it I was playing music from the MOVE without any problems - took it into the garden 50 yards from the house (wall is solid stone) but no issues picking up WIfi - really impressive

However…… Since I bought the device in France and live in France the device is set up in French so Alexa responds in French, but the setup said I would be able to change the language in the Sonos App. So, I looked up question in the community - followed the instructions but came unstuck because the app does not give me a language option. I then tried to change the language in Alexa and I get the same problem - I cannot change the language. I have looked up several videos on Youtube but I cannot find the screens they refer to - both for Sonos and Alexa - NO LANGUAGE option - I have even tried to find possible updates to Sonos but I have the latest version. I even tried to go back to Sonos S1 but app does not allow me to use it since it does nit support MOVE and asks me to sign onto Sonos 2 which I do but back to same problem - I cannot find the language option to change it to English. I speak to Alexa in English and she understands but replies in French which I can understand but prefer my replies in English

So, what am I doing wrong or is there something missing for the MOVE speaker????

icon

Best answer by Ollie0033 25 June 2020, 03:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Just been through Amazon Alexa again and this time I found the screen - not under settings though but under Services and Voice  and then selecting the device (MOVE)- really confusing but now Alexa replies in English so this can be considered closed