Question

cant sign in to amazon when adding alexa

Show first post

102 replies

As someone who just purchased a FireTV, I’m about to return mine due to this bug. Support clearly has lots of issues as when I try to call them, it takes over an hour to reach someone. Sonos really should have reverted the app back when they experienced so many issues instead of pressing forward. Everything else works fine, so I think I’m just going to give up on Alexa versus dealing with support and the frustrations. You have to love how Sonos only allows phone call support instead of allowing chat or email where you wouldn’t have to wait in excess of an hour to talk to someone about your issues - which clearly does no good from what others have mentioned. I miss the day where quality speakers weren’t smart and could work for 30+ years without maintenance and subpar updates.

Workaround on Android 

Uninstall Amazon Shopping App. 

Then try again to add Alexa

THIS DID IT!!! Thanks! 

If you're trying to add Alexa using a Samsung device, forget it.  I have been finding many apps written only for iOS not android.

I was able to finally able to add Alexa to my Move by using my daughter's iPhone.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

In Samsung continues not working with the today's update. I finally needed an iPad after more than 10 attempts with my S23 Ultra...

I bought an Era300 last week, same issue.  Alexa works fine on all my existing speakers but can’t register it on the Era300, get to the signing into Alexa screen and just get a spinning wheel of death.  Updated to the latest version of the new app this morning, rebooted everything not change.  Using Sonos app on a pixel 6.  

Userlevel 1

I bought an Era300 last week, same issue.  Alexa works fine on all my existing speakers but can’t register it on the Era300, get to the signing into Alexa screen and just get a spinning wheel of death.  Updated to the latest version of the new app this morning, rebooted everything not change.  Using Sonos app on a pixel 6.  

Uninstalling Amazon Shopping App didnt work for you ?

Workaround on Android 

Uninstall Amazon Shopping App. 

Then try again to add Alexa

This worked for me aswell! Thank you :) 

It did say there was an error adding alexa to device, but canceled out and the integration was there, and working correctly

I had the same problem repeatedly on the android app, no disable, re-enable skills worked, constant loop of adding amazon. Tried it on ipad it worked right away, clearly another bug with the app (android specific)

I uninstalled the Amazon shopping app and then tried to add Alexa again in the Sonos app and it worked!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I uninstalled the Amazon shopping app and then tried to add Alexa again in the Sonos app and it worked!!!

Wish that worked on iOS!’

Same here - very frustrating!

It's the Amazon Shopping app.

Step 1 delete amazon shopping app

Step 2 open Sonos app and link to alexa

Step 3 reinstall amazon shopping app.

Boom!

(I'm on a samsung S21)

You're welcome 😄

Scott!

As stupid as that sounds... worked like a charm.  Many thanks Scott1977.

Userlevel 2

Hi there, just bought an Era 100 to use as an Alexa speaker. Lots of fun so far. Had the same problems, wasted loads of time, found this thread, deleted amazon shopping app, got through that step, but then it says I need to enable Skill in alexa app. But in the alexa app it says it cannot find the Era, even though it is fully set up in the Sonos app and on the WiFi etc. Any ideas? Why is this so hard? Thinking of just putting it right back in the box and returning it tbh. 

So a few updates in... And I am still having this issue too, it has been at least 3 weeks does anyone know what will happen next?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who posted about uninstalling Amazon Shopping.  Surely hope Sonos gets their customer service and new APP figured out better SOON.

Userlevel 1

Uninstalled Amazon Shopping and was finally able to add Alexa to my speaker. HOWEVER, when I ask Alexa to play music, she says I need to enable the already enabled skill in the Alexa app and then discover the device. I tried disabling the skill and re-enabling it, but nothing works.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Uninstalled Amazon Shopping and was finally able to add Alexa to my speaker. HOWEVER, when I ask Alexa to play music, she says I need to enable the already enabled skill in the Alexa app and then discover the device. I tried disabling the skill and re-enabling it, but nothing works.

Got that issue regularly too. Ask your sonos alexa to plsy on the room name instead of just saying play music, that works for me.

Userlevel 1

Uninstalling Amazon Shopping App didnt work for you ?

It did work for me, finally

Yayyy. Uninstalling the shopping app worked for me too! 😁

Same issue. Forever login for Amazon. Android user (samsung). Looks like this has been an issue for at least a month and no solve yet. Very Disappointing.

Same issue. Sort this out Sonos! IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!

Received a pair of ERA 100s last night. Very excited to get them up and running. Just hit the same wall as everyone else here, hung up signing in to Amazon to add Alexa.  I’m so not impressed. Sonos has been aware of the problem for a month!?  WTF!  Thinking about saying f*** this, calling the product defective, and shipping them back to Amazon. We love using the Sonos speakers at my kids’ houses.  Great sound and easy to use, but this is not what I expected for $400. 

Dudes. So upsetting but glad to say that the SOLUTION is only a scroll up away if youve missed it...gotta uninstall the Amazon Shopping app and then the handshake works fine. 

Mine ended up giving me some error page/"try again" prompt but actually it worked fine and im now listening to my flashbriefing on my Sonos Roam for the first time in months! 

I’d just like to thank everyone for pointing out the Alexa fix by uninstalling the Amazon Shopping app.  I would have never thought of that on my own.  I never use the Amazon Shopping app, so I didn’t even know it was installed!