Answered

Cannot connect Amazon account in Sonos App

• 17 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Devices:
-Sonos One
-Sonos Play 1
-Echo Spot

I had all my devices up and running for about a month. For some reason, my Alexa app listed three Sonos speakers when I only have two, so I decided to clean it up. Since I couldn't match the Serial No on the Alexa app to my Sonos Speakers, I didn't know which one to delete, therefore I decided to delete all three Sonos speakers and go through the set up again. Unfortunately, its not working now.

After re-adding all my devices on the Alexa app, Alexa on my Sonos One was saying "Having trouble understanding you right now, try again later". So I found a discussion thread on this site telling me to disable, then re-enable, voice services. Unfortunately I cannot re-enable it now.

Problem:
In Sonos App, I am trying to set up Alexa and connect my Amazon account. When I click on the option "Connect your Amazon account", the Amazon app will open to the homepage, then a black screen appears with the Sonos logo and then I'm back to the screen asking me to "Connect your Amazon account". Its going through a loop and taking me back to my original screen. I tried logging out of the Amazon Prime app, but that didn't seem to take.

Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by jayellezee 17 February 2018, 07:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Ok, I finally resolved this issue. I was not properly signing out of the Amazon Prime app. Once I properly signed out of the Amazon Prime app, I was able to go through the process and link the account. However I am back where I started. My Sonos one shows up as two separate devices in the Alexa App. After doing a search on this, it sounds like this is normal. I guess I went through two hours of troubleshooting for nothing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok, I finally resolved this issue. I was not properly signing out of the Amazon Prime app. Once I properly signed out of the Amazon Prime app, I was able to go through the process and link the account. However I am back where I started. My Sonos one shows up as two separate devices in the Alexa App. After doing a search on this, it sounds like this is normal. I guess I went through two hours of troubleshooting for nothing.

You are correct, there will should be two devices in the Alexa App, one for the hardware of the speaker and one for the Alexa component. This has been done to allow different settings for each component in the future, although at present the settings are the same for both.

Hey - what steps did you do sorry? When you said sign out - what did you sign out of exactly please
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey - what steps did you do sorry? When you said sign out - what did you sign out of exactly please

Please see out of Amazon on ALL apps on your device.