Answered

Can't STOP or PAUSE Alexa music on Move

• 4 July 2022
  • 1 reply

My Move has been playing music through its built-in Alexa fine since I got it a couple years ago, but recently (last couple months) will not pause or stop the music.  It will still skip tracks, volume up/down, etc. but no way to stop the music without turning the Move power off.  I tried disabling/re-enabling the SONOS skill in Alexa and rebooting things to no avail.  It is VERY annoying seeing as how it used to work fine for years….and my network setup (router, etc) has not changed in that time.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 July 2022, 14:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

My Move has been playing music through its built-in Alexa fine since I got it a couple years ago, but recently (last couple months) will not pause or stop the music.  It will still skip tracks, volume up/down, etc. but no way to stop the music without turning the Move power off.  I tried disabling/re-enabling the SONOS skill in Alexa and rebooting things to no avail.  It is VERY annoying seeing as how it used to work fine for years….and my network setup (router, etc) has not changed in that time.

Things to perhaps try:

• Removing/reinstalling the Alexa assistant from the speaker and when removing, deregister both the speaker and Alexa component from the Amazon Alexa App and ensure it no longer appears in any Alexa ‘enabled’ Group.
  • Ensure the speaker is ‘uniquely’ named in the Amazon App device list and that another smart-device is not similarly named, so as to confuse the assistant. This also includes the names of Alexa ‘enabled’ Groups, I recommend giving those groups ‘unique’ names too.
  • You may find that simply changing the name of the Move might solve the issue. 
  • If it’s not your only Sonos device, you could perhaps consider a factory reset, but only do that as a very last resort, as I personally would not expect it to fix this sort of issue.