Answered

Can't pairing amazon echo dot with sonos roam in order to sound in the same room

• 14 July 2022
  • 2 replies

I’ve been trying to get that both speakers (Echo dot and Sonos roam) sound in the same room, thought no success. The Amazon Alexa app says is not compatible both speakers. 

Is there a good trick or tip or guide to get both sounding in the same room? 

The thing is that before I bought the Sonos roam, I used to play music in a shelf speaker (audioengine A5+) connected to the 3.5 mm mini plug in the echo dot. The room where I want to pair both speakers (echo dot and roam) is quite big and my idea is to to complement the other side of the room with the Sonos Roam. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 14 July 2022, 21:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Roam and Echo Dot are not designed to be grouped and played together. The Roam is designed to be grouped with other Sonos speakers and the Echo Dot is designed to be grouped with other Echo devices.

The Roam and Echo Dot are not designed to be grouped and played together. The Roam is designed to be grouped with other Sonos speakers and the Echo Dot is designed to be grouped with other Echo devices.

Thanks for the answer, I’ve been searching for another option, What about connecting the shelf speakers vía airport express A1392 (Airplay 2) and grouping with the Sonos Roam? 

Do yo think is it going to work?

cheers!