Answered

Can't link Alexa to Sonos.

• 4 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I've tried linking the Alexa Sonos skill to my account and the Skill points me in the direction of "More/Settings/My Sonos Account" in the Sonos app. It then asks me to confirm my email which i do and also sends an email in which there is a link to Create New Password (which isnt what i want to do). I click on that and it takes me back to My Sonos Account where i start all over again.

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers
icon

Best answer by jacob_7 4 October 2017, 20:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Having an issue too....keep saying my amazon password is incorrect when im trying to link my dot to Sonos
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I managed to resolve mine by changing to another email account. I then got an email asking to verify (rather than change) account and i followed the link which worked. Cheers
Changing your amazon account address?
Userlevel 1
Having the exact same issue, the problem seems to be that it's going amazon.com login instead of amazon.co.uk, I only have a .co.uk account and would rather not set up a .com one (as that's the us one) Seems it's a problem their end that they need to fix.
Having the exact same issue, the problem seems to be that it's going amazon.com login instead of amazon.co.uk, I only have a .co.uk account and would rather not set up a .com one (as that's the us one) Seems it's a problem their end that they need to fix.

Try the Alexa web interface instead of the app. People with conflicting Sonos and Alexa registration locations have been able to use the web interface to get it done.
Same Issue here. Get confirmation email, had Sonos account since 2011. Required a new password which I did. Same email address for Sonos and Alexia. It indicates it cannot find my Sonos speakers (not products?)
Got it fixed; While I've had a Sonos account, and it lists all my products, I've apparently never signed into the account with the Sonos app on my phone. Doing so BEFORE I launched Alexa app, fixed the issue.
Just got a Sonos 1 and Connect. Same problem with alexa skills not working. Any update from Sonos on step by step method to fix problem. If it doesn’t work I’ll just return the Sonos. Not worth the hassle. A product should just work. But I’m willing to give it a shot. Just need help running through steps. In the USA btw. Thanks in advance for helping