Answered

Can't get Sonos One on SonosNet

• 16 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Long time user, Sonos One was on Wi-Fi working fine for months.
Added Boost, and that was it, no go.
Tried everything I know, and what I read online, but no luck.
When I can get the One to show up in the controller, and run controller on my android phone it causes many different problems with the setup.
Then it disappears off all controllers I use, on Windows and an android tablet.
Diagnostics submitted, here is the confirm # 1750265065
Please help, Bill
icon

Best answer by bikenut 18 August 2018, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Long time user, Sonos One was on Wi-Fi working fine for months.
Added Boost, and that was it, no go.
Tried everything I know, and what I read online, but no luck.
When I can get the One to show up in the controller, and run controller on my android phone it causes many different problems with the setup.
Then it disappears off all controllers I use, on Windows and an android tablet.
Diagnostics submitted, here is the confirm # 1750265065
Please help, Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for sending in the report. Unfotunately it came through with some formatting errors making it hard to read. I could tell that there are some wireless communication issues popping up which are likely why you've had a hard time getting all the speakers connected.

If your Sonos system has a unit wired in, you can try changing the wireless channel to reduce wireless interference, which may help. If your system is set up to connect to your home wireless network, it may help to change the channel your router is using, we generally recommend choosing between channels 1, 6 and 11 as they do not overlap.

It may also help to make sure none of your Sonos speakers are too close to any third party wireless electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors, wireless TVs and wireless printers.

If the above steps don't help, can you please submit another diagnostic report and reply with the new confirmation number?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
OK will submit another report.
I was on a wired connection using one of my connects, which worked for years.
I've tried different channels, on wired via the connect and the boost.
I've even installed all connects and speakers from scratch, which caused a lot of setup again with music library's and services.
The Sonos One shows up in Alexa, but as offline, which it is. I reset the One to factory settings and reinstalled, no luck.
So, this is a tough one, I've had issues in the past, but I was always able to sort things out.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Here's another report - 1074423879
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Here's another report - 1074423879

Thanks for the report, this one came through properly. It looks like your speaker is communicating wirelessly with the rest of your Sonos system, however it does not have a valid network address. This is why it isn't showing up in the Sonos app. Most of the time, rebooting the router fixes issues like this. Please try that and let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Had to wait a couple days to try some more troubleshooting.
I've rebooted the router a few times and have found differing results, sometimes actually working with the Sonos One online and playing music, online with Alexa and Spotify. However that didn't last long. All other speakers and services work using Sononet.
I suspect the ADSL modem is flaky, and have the ISP sending a replacement.
So until that arrives and is tested, I'll wait to update here with the results.
Thanks to all for helping.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Forgot about updating the fix, now I see 5 months have passed. Sorry about that. For any users out there, a new DSL modem fixed my issue. All is well. So, it's not always Sonos, hardly ever in my experience. Mostly wifi networking issues IMO.