Skip to main content
Answered

Can't add Alexa back to Sonos One

• 22 May 2024
  • 9 replies

After factory resetting this speaker 12 times just to get the new app and firmware to work for 10 mins before I once again see “no products found,” I can’t add Alexa. It gets to a screen that says “Signing in to Amazon” and just hangs like that forever. And no, the problem is not on my end. Has anyone else seen this and found a fix? Or is this just another feature this failed company removed in the app update and now we have to wait and see if they add it back 6 months from now?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JimmyD_1 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting this issue with adding Alexa. We are unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing - could you please re-attempt to add Alexa to your system, then when it fails, immediately submit a support diagnostic? Please don’t post the given numbers here on the forum, however - instead, please DM them to me, letting me know you were trying to add Alexa. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Corry P done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JimmyD_1 

Thanks, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Do you by any chance have the Amazon Shopping app installed? If so, please try uninstalling it, then try adding Alexa to your speaker once more. If that works, please feel free to reinstall the Amazon Shopping app afterwards. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Corry P I do have Amazon installed, but I already worked around the issue by using a friend’s iphone to add Alexa back to my system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JimmyD_1 

Good to hear you found a workaround - that's the important thing. Thanks for updating the thread!

I am also having the same issue, I have been unable to add Alexa back on to any of my Sonos one speakers since doing a reset. It stops on the sign in to Amazon, I get no error messages it just keeps spinning. I have removed Amazon from phone and re added again. Amazon music is working not a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Marley20b 

It is an issue we are working on - please keep an eye on our status page at https://status.sonos.com/ for udpates.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Corry P what's being done about the "no products found" issue? I have narrowed it down to a definite issue in the way the app maintains a connection. If I disable and re enable wifi the app connects and the issue goes away. And no, the problem is absolutely not my network, phone, router, WiFi etc. This only started with the Sonos app update, it was working fine for years prior, and everything else on my Wi-Fi network continues to work fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JimmyD_1 

You are off-topic for this thread - please find a relevant thread to post your question to, or create your own at https://en.community.sonos.com/topic/new. Thank you.