Can Sonos One upgrade to support Chinese Voice Assistant in the future?

• 17 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I know Sonos One hasn't support Chinese Voice Assistant yet (In China Market) but I can see it will happen very soon from Sonos China website.

Can my Sonos One upgrade to support Chinese VA when it's available? If possible... it's: (a) Completely upgrade to China version? or (b) be optional to select Alexa or Chinese VA; or (c) No it's impossible for my USA version?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I know Sonos One hasn't support Chinese Voice Assistant yet (In China Market) but I can see it will happen very soon from Sonos China website.

Can my Sonos One upgrade to support Chinese VA when it's available? If possible... it's: (a) Completely upgrade to China version? or (b) be optional to select Alexa or Chinese VA; or (c) No it's impossible for my USA version?

Thank you.

Hi bangkuo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out. We don't have any information to share at this point on whether the Sonos One will support voice control in China. We'll be sure to make an announcement if that changes though.

Thank you.

Hi bangkuo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out. We don't have any information to share at this point on whether the Sonos One will support voice control in China. We'll be sure to make an announcement if that changes though.

Thanks Jeff, I notice Sonos China has announced to support Rokid VA in China yesterday, so I am wondering can my USA Sonos One support it or not, and how?

Anyway thanks for your feedback.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you.

Hi bangkuo,

Thanks Jeff, I notice Sonos China has announced to support Rokid VA in China yesterday, so I am wondering can my USA Sonos One support it or not, and how?

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

The Sonos One should support any services that become available in China if you have your system registered there.
Hi bangkuo, I am hoping for xiaomi mi ai assistant. May I ask from where you read the sonos china news? Thx