Answered

Can my Alexa Echo and Sonos Play 1 play simultaneously (like grouped Sonos speakers)?

• 28 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I tried to search this topic both here and on Google. My apologies if it has been answered but I cannot find an answer.

We have several Sonos Play 1 speakers and an Alexa Echo. I enabled the Alexa skill and updated the software on all of the Sonos speakers. I have the app for both. I created a group in the Alexa app called "Family Room". Under the "Alexa" heading, both the sonos speaker that I want to play and the Echo speaker are selected. In the preferred speaker section it will only allow me to have 1 of the 2 from the above section checked. I have tried it both ways.

I am trying to get both the sonos speaker and the Echo to play the music together. I am able to say "Alexa, play music on Family Room" and the music will play on the Sonos speaker, but it will not also play on the Echo. Several websites seem to say that indicate that both will play (though I understand you cannot have two Echos play at the same time). Regardless, I cannot seem to play the music through both simultaneously. Is there a way to do so?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 November 2018, 04:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, not possible. They use very different syncing technology.