Answered

Can I start Sonos Radio using Alexa?

• 15 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, is it possibile for the Sonos skill to activate Sonos Radios thru Alexa? I didn’t find anything about it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 17 November 2020, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Steelstar, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. Starting playback from Sonos Radio HD or activating skill using a voice assistant like Alexa isn’t available at this time. You can control basic functions through voice such as volume control, pausing music, and even asking your voice assistant what’s playing. We can certainly pass along your interest to the team as a feature request. We don't have the timeline on this but you can check our announcements when this feature becomes available. If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out.

I just cancelled my SONOS Radio HD subscription and will not re-subscribe unless/until I can control Radio HD through Alexa. Shame on SONOS for overlooking/ignoring requests for this service!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Cdanders8, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for your detailed post describing your concern.  Sonos Radio is an internet radio service available exclusively on Sonos and is available on all new Sonos systems through the app. Voice services like Alexa and Google Assistant are not yet available on Sonos to start playback on Sonos Radio. We appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectation. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.