Question

Can i set up Voice Profile form Alexa on Beam?

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello, i have a Sonos Beam with Amazon Alexa and i have a problem that my girlfriend has to say “Alexa” four-times etc to get recognized. I dont think that she says it wrong, it seems that Alexa just not recognized her voice? Is it possible? 
I wanted to create voice profiles for me and her but on Beam it is not working, neither on iPhone or iPad through Alexa App.
Can you tell me what we are doing wrong? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @resk181, welcome and thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. We appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

You can control your Sonos Beam with Amazon Alexa added in the Sonos app. You can use your voice to turn your TV on and off as well as adjust the TV volume. To use these commands, Beam must be connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC input and your TV needs to have HDMI-CEC enabled. Voice commands for turning the TV on and off will not work if Beam is connected via an optical adapter. Creating a voice profile is not available with Sonos. We can certainly pass along your interest to the team.

To address this issue Alexa not following commands or not responding at all, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
  2. Open the menu in the top left and tap on Skills & Games > Your Skills > Sonos > Disable Skill.
  3. Deregister your Sonos speaker from Alexa by following the instructions on Amazon's website: Deregistering a device.
  4. Disable Voice Control in the Sonos app. From the Settings tab, tap Services and select Amazon Alexa under Voice. Select the voice-enabled speaker from the list of Sonos Products, and tap Remove Alexa.
  5. Log out of all Amazon Apps on the mobile device, including the Amazon app, Alexa app and Amazon.com in your mobile browser.
    • To sign out of the Amazon mobile app:
      • On Android devices, open the app and tap Menu > Your Account > Sign Out.
      • On iOS devices, open the app and tap the menu icon in the top-left corner, and then choose Settings > "Not [name]?"
  6. Using the Sonos app, complete Alexa setup again. Follow the steps to log into the appropriate Amazon account when prompted to do so.
  7. Once completed, try giving Alexa another command.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.