Answered

Can I make a Bluetooth speaker that is connected to an Echo Dot play together with my two Sonos Ones and Sonos Connect?

• 30 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Can I make a Bluetooth speaker that is connected to an Echo Dot play together with my two Sonos Ones and Sonos Connect?
If so, what is the set up method?
icon

Best answer by Sonoson 30 December 2018, 00:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
No, you cannot. Sonos has not yet decided if they will support Amazon Multi Room Music. Without Amazon MRM support you cannot play music on an Echo (or BT speaker connected to an Echo) and Sonos at the same time.

Perhaps you could use the line-in on the Connect to play music from one Echo while the BT speaker is playing music streamed to the Dot. Have the Dot and Echo as part of an everywhere music group in Alexa. You would not be able to include the Ones on that setup. The Ones do not have a line-in input and Sonos isn't supporting Amazon MRM.
Badge +2
Would it help if I simply physically connected the bluetooth speaker to the Echo Dot instead of using the Bluetooth method?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Would it help if I simply physically connected the bluetooth speaker to the Echo Dot instead of using the Bluetooth method?

Amazon don't support the inclusion of any Multi-Room speaker system via MRM currently, only some 3rd party stand alone speakers. So it's not possible to sync audio across Sonos and 3rd party devices. (This is mainly due to the buffering that the Sonos system introduces to ensure all devices are aligned.)