I am looking at adding some Sonos products to enhance the music/radio playing capability in my home.
- Is it possible to use Alexa voice assistant on an Amazon Echo to direct to play (music or radio station) simultaneously (and in sync) on a Sonos Amp (with 4 speakers) and a Sonos 5?
- Can I have it set up so I can just say “Alexa Play Song X”, and it defaults to playing on the Sonos Amp and Sonos 5 together and in sync. (I understand that it cannot play in sync on the Echo and the Sonos devices, so I would not want the music to play on the Echo when the Sonos devices are playing.)
- How would I set this up? Do I set up a Sonos Group? Alexa Group? Or Both? What would be the “Preferred Speaker” or “Controlling Speaker”, etc?
- Can I ask Alexa (via the Echo) to adjust the volume of play on these Sonos devices simultaneously? (e.g., “Alexa, Louder”.)
- What if for preferred listening I would like the volume of the Amp to be louder and that of the Sonos 5 to be softer, or vice versa? How would I make such adjustments via Alexa?
- If set up this way and then, for a change, I want the Echo to play on its own speaker only, can I ask it to do that? How would that be done?
I am new to this. Appreciate your support. Thanks.
Best answer by Ken_GriffithsView original