Question

Can I enable Alexa voice calling by adding a dot to my Sonos?

• 27 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I would like to use Alexa voice calling / specifically the "drop in" feature on my Dot device, so that my Sonos network will field the call.

I know that the Sonos One doesn't support this feature natively.

Can I just connect a Dot to my Sonos One and have it labelled a different group so it is not activated when I play music on my Sonos network, but will still output calls through the Sonos One speaker?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s unfortunate no replies. I heard from rep st enjoy that you don’t get full Alexa with Sonos one. If you add an echo dot to it, you do. I was looking for answers of what you all get and I don’t see anything online. I’m gojng to try and see and if I don’t like I’ll return. I know you get voice calling and possible text messaging. But there could be more. Not enough info online that talks about it
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

This article explains how to set-up Alexa without a Sonos One:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4158/?_ga=2.214633047.1707380335.1518595773-1491669311.1488879254

The Sonos One is an Alexa Enabled device vs the Echo Dot is an Alexa Device. Amazon have this distinction between their own product range and it is this distinction that drives some skills to not work on a Sonos One.

Can you let us know the specific skills that you require and we'll try and help.