Answered

Calm Radio issue with Alexa

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The Calm Radio app in Sonos works fine. However when I try to start a channel via Alexa I get the message "sorry we are having problems connecting to your calm radio skill right now". Anyone else having this problem?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 9 May 2018, 01:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Just to make sure, you've added the Calm Radio skill to Alexa in the Alexa app, right?

And just a note... many of the skills that are not "music service" skills (meaning they show up under the Music, video, and books section of the Alexa app) but instead just use a basic audio play process in Alexa don't often work with Sonos. These include many of the nature/sleep sound skills, skills like Plex (which just added music playback to its skill), and others. Calm Radio likely falls into this category, since I don't see it listed as a "Music service" in my Alexa app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Supposed to be one they recently fixed. You may want to try disabling the skill and re-enabling it.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The app is activated (its in the music and audio section) and I've disconnected and reconnected. The app opens on request and it asks me which channel I want to listen to. No matter what channel I ask for I still get the error message. This has obviously not been fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried deactivating and twactivatingvthe actual Sonos skill in alexa
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Have you tried deactivating and twactivatingvthe actual Sonos skill in alexa

Yes, tried that. Made no difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Calm Radio is not one of the most recent Audio Skills supported on Sonos One. However, I've seen the Calm Radio Alexa Skill as feature request before. I will be happy to tag this topic as such and get this to the team.

Thanks for your patience everyone!