Both Alexa and Google Assistant "cannot find sonos device"

• 15 December 2021
  • 1 reply

About 4-6 weeks ago, Alexa and Google Home commands can no longer find my Sonos devices.

I can ask both services for the time and weather just fine, but I can no longer play music via voice command (I can only play music through the app).

What gives? Why can’t smart assistant services find my Sonos devices any longer?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I assume you are using both voice assistants, each installed on separate Sonos devices, but can you kindly describe your setup in a little more detail. What Sonos devices are in use with each assistant and are they each installed in the same/different Sonos Household, in the same/different Sonos Account?

Which paid-subscription streaming music service(s) are you using as your default service in the Google Home & Amazon Alexa Apps?

Have you tried removing the Sonos ‘action’/‘skill’ from the Home app and have you tried removing the Sonos Skill from the Alexa App and then removed/reinstalled the voice assistant on their respective Sonos devices to setup the shared token with Google/Amazon again?