Blink doorbell is announcing on my Sonos' but they aren't even on device list

• 17 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Yo fellow Sonos nerds!

Really annoying one here, can’t seem to find anything online regarding, may be because the Blink doorbell is fairly new...here goes nothing…

Have just purchased the Amazon Blink doorbell and set everything up and all is well, apart from the fact that it seems to be announcing on every single Sonos device in my house and I seem to have no control over disabling.

From what I’ve found out on the web, I should be able to go into Alexa > Devices > Cameras > Blink doorbell > Announcement devices. And from here should be able to select/de-select my devices, unfortunately though only an old Amazon Echo that I had years back shows up on the list, no Sonos devices to be found.

Any help or advice on this would be mint!

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I assume you haven't got the speakers grouped in Sonos?

Do you have any groups in the Alexa app?

Hi John,

not really too savvy with the Alexa app as never really used it, will have a little look for the grouping though. 

TL;DR - Untick any Sonos speakers you DON’T want to chime in your Alexa app > Sonos group

I was having the same issue as Kiiefa. None of my Sonos speakers showed in the Alexa app as a selectable Announcement Device, only an old Echo Dot I no longer use. When the Blink video doorbell was pressed/triggered though, it would announce on all of my Sonos speakers. In the Alexa app I had a few Sonos groups that I previously used but, as Kiiefa said, I barely ever go into the app anymore so they were of no use. 

Per John’s suggestion on groups, I removed all but 1 group in the Alexa app and then edited that remaining group and unchecked all speakers except my 2 Roams to use as Chimes for the Blink Video Doorbell and this worked for me. Blink doorbell presses/triggers now only chime on the 2 selected Roams and not every Sonos in the house 🙂 FWIW I think this is still a bit “beta” because In the Alexa app under Announcement Devices I still only see my old Echo dot and I noticed that when you edit settings in Alexa for the Blink Smarthome skill it takes me right back to the main settings page again and no idea how this would work if you kept multiple Sonos groups int he Alexa app (the integration between Blink/Alexa/Sonos probably needs a few more updates to be considered stable). But, at least it is working correctly now and only chimes on the selected speakers - Hope that helps. 

Do you still have the Blink Doorbell press announcing on Sonos? I’ve just received the doorbell and cannot get it to chime on Sonos at all.

@beagle123 i couldn't either, tried everything above and more.

However, I got it working by using a routine in the alexa app. That's worked easily, so far anyway.