bedtime story function

• 30 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Does anyone know if the "Alexa tell me a bedtime story" feature will work on the sonos one? I just set up 2 with my playbar as a surround sound. All other Alexa features seem to work but this one. It works up until it's time for the speaker to read the story. Anyone know if this is an issue? Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there, mv3247. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Some audio skills for Alexa will not work on Sonos One. In most cases, users see this when content is streamed through Amazon (also known as dynamic content). The team is aware and actively working on this. We appreciate your patience on this in the meantime.

Thank you.
Thanks so much for the reply Keith!
Not sure I understand what dynamic content is.
Would you be able to elaborate? Also, are there plans to have this feature work on the sonos one?
Thanks again!!
No problem. Dynamic content is content that is updated real-time based on inputs from the developer. We have seen problems with getting some of this content to Sonos. For instance, audio skills that act as white noise "generators" do not work on Sonos One but a simple audio skill like "Box of Cats" will.

While I do not have any specifics, such as a date, you can rest assured that this is on the list for full support from us.
Thanks again Keith!
Looking forward to having the bedtime story function work soon!
Loving the surround on the sonos ones with the playbar btw!!