Answered

Beam will not output TV sound after playing music

• 27 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi had loads of trouble setting up my new Beam with my brand new Philips tv
Finally got it to turn on and off and adjust volume etc but when I play music and “stop” I can not get the tv sound output until I turn the TV on and off !! Very frustrating
icon

Best answer by jgatie 27 November 2018, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you are playing music with the TV on, you must select the TV source from the Sonos app to get it back to TV. Either that, or muting/unmuting the TV usually works.
I struggled with this one for a while yesterday following setup. I even spent an hour on the phone with Sonos support as I was unable to get TV sound from my new Sonos Beam (I played music first). Support could not figure it out. Finally, after much searching, I found a question and answer. Turns out you need to tell Alexa to switch to TV. Tried it ... it worked! I think it should recognize television sound is available and switch on its own when music is not playing ... but that is not how it works at present.
Sonos Support was able to get the TV sound on ours to work, after it 'went silent' overnight. Based on a query I made, setting AUTOPLAY in the room settings will make the Beam recognize that the TV is on and switch to that source. 🆒
Im having same issue. LG oled connected through arc hdmi. Autolay does not work. Have to go to app to select. Also cant get surrounds working.