Beam not showing up as "Alexa enabled device," can't update location, Alexa says there's a problem

• 20 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I'm having several issues with Alexa and my new Beam. None of them seem to be affecting functionality, but the Alexa app isn't able to perform some actions, and shows an error message. First, a quick rundown of my setup:

Devices:
Nursery - Play:1

Dining Room - Play:1

Living Room - Beam/Play:1/Play:1 stereo setup with TV

Before, I just had one Play:1 in the living room, and everything was working perfectly. I added the Beam, and combined two Play:1s with it to create Dolby 5.1 surrounds.

Let me be clear, from the Sonos app, everything seems to be working as expected (and the sound is incredible, by the way).

But within the Alexa app, I have a few issues:

1. I'm not able to add my location to multiple devices. I've seen this issue come up for several people, so perhaps it will be fixed in the future, but it is a bit annoying that I can't add it.
2. In the "Living Room" group, there's an error message at the top, and it didn't exist before adding the Beam setup, so I'm pretty sure it's one of the Sonos devices in that group that's causing the issue.

3. The Beam itself is not showing up as an Alexa-enabled device.

Ultimately, perhaps I need to start over and just re-set everything up in Alexa, but I don't want to do that if these are known issues that will be resolved in the future.

Anyone else having these issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’m having the exact issue as your third. Thought it would be easier to integrate.
Hej, is there any solution? I have the exact same problem.
Hej, is there any solution? I have the exact same problem.

I got an answer from german support team. Integrating Sonos into "alexa enabled devices" in the Alexa app is currently not supported and there is no data on when this feature will be ever supported.

Bollocks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Just got a Beam myself and was surprised to see that it can’t be added to a group. Hoping Sonos is going to add the feature as it is a pretty major feature if you’re looking to replace a dot in the room.