Answered

Beam and Fire TV Cube

• 19 June 2018
  • 1 reply

It seems like the Fire TV Cube was built to perform many similar functions as the Beam in terms of smart voice control (e.g. remote control capabilities). Are the two going to be able to work together?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 20 June 2018, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, there should be no issues with them working together. You wouldn't really be able to use all the features of both products if you use them on the same tv, but they would work fine together.

- They both want to use your hdmi arc connection. Both can operate without it though. I probably would want to give it to the beam I think as you would likely get the most functionality out of it that way. Worth testing

- They both have mics on them. The firetv looks to have a little more voice commands available than the beam with it's ability to control other stuff with the ir blasters, and screens designed for voice control. the beam can also control the firetv though, and you would have better control over music choices. I would probably opt to turn on both mics with different wake words.

I plan on getting both products, but I don't plan on using them on the same tvs. The beam will be pair with a normal firetv, while the cube will go on the tv that already has a playbar attached. I may play around with putting both together if I think there's something worth testing.