Question

Beam and Fire Stick TV

• 6 September 2018
  • 1 reply

I have the beam and connected Fire Stick to my TCL TV. I updated the CEC on TV to recognize the Fire Stick, but I am unable to control Fire Stick with Alexa voice commands. I have Alexa app updated to my device (Sonos Beam). Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I believe controlling Fire Stick is doable through Alexa and the beam.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can control fire tv with your beam. I'm not sure I follow all the steps you've taken, but it sound like you have yet to link your fire tv to the Beam in the Alexa app (separate from enabling the Beam as an alexa enabled device). That step is detailed here.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2656?language=en_US

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'updated the CEC on TV to recognize the Fire Stick'. Enabling CEC between the TV and stick could cause issues with CEC communication between the TV and the Beam. If you're having issues with audio, I would disable whatever it is you turned on between the TV and Stick. If not...don't fix what isn't broke.