Beam and Alexa still loud even at lowest level

• 20 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
When i use tv remote or phone to in/decrease the volume it goes up/down 2 steps with just one press. Eg from 0 silent to 2 then 4 and 6 etc. (I normally keep it at 6 during day time and 2 which is the lowest level at night. Alexa is loud too when at night if i ask for something. If the sound is mute and i want to increase just a bit it is better to use a remote or sonos app. If i ask Alexa she would turn it up from 0 to 10 which is too loud. Is there possible way to reduce her voulme when she replies? My set up in tv room is just a beam and 2x play 1 rear surrounds 5.1 dolby digital.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, NWTS. Thanks for posting. At the moment, there is not a way to independently control the volume of Alexa and her responses. The volume level is tied to the volume of the player replying.

In the meantime, I am happy to forward this topic to the team for consideration and visibility. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When i use tv remote or phone to in/decrease the volume it goes up/down 2 steps with just one press. Eg from 0 silent to 2 then 4 and 6 etc. (I normally keep it at 6 during day time and 2 which is the lowest level at night. Alexa is loud too when at night if i ask for something. If the sound is mute and i want to increase just a bit it is better to use a remote or sonos app. If i ask Alexa she would turn it up from 0 to 10 which is too loud. Is there possible way to reduce her voulme when she replies? My set up in tv room is just a beam and 2x play 1 rear surrounds 5.1 dolby digital.

What command structure are you using? 'Alexa, Volume (any number in the range of 1-10)' should set the volume to 10% x the number specified. Also, 'Alexa, louder' or 'Alexa, softer' should increase or decrease the volume by 10%.
this is a major problem for me as well... though mine is complicated by DEFAULTING to volume 2 no matter what it is set to the night before, the morning always 2 and too loud.