Answered

BBC stations with Sonos One

• 31 December 2020
  • 5 replies

This has been a problem since the BBC stations left TuneIn and I’ve seen lots of posts on it but I just wondered if Sonos have sorted out the voice integration with the BBC Sounds app. When I ask to play a BBC radio station on the Sonos One I get the announcement and the BBC Sounds jingle but no radio sound. It works via AirPlay, but not being able to activate it via voice for months now is really annoying. 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 31 December 2020, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This isn't a Sonos One issue per se.  I have the BBC skill enabled on my Alexa account and the command 'Alexa, Ask BBC to play Radio 2'  works fine. If this doesn't work for you, I suggest that you Disable and then Enable the Sonos and BBC skill and retest.

I’ve tried disabing the BBC Sounds skill and renabling but that doesn’t work. It works fine on the Echo Dots I have in the house, just not the Sonos One. Do you have a Sonos One that works fine with it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yep, no problem for me. Have disabled and enabled the Sonos skill?

Yellowbadger,
Yes, it’s working here for me on my Sonos One - if that assists?

I’m currently listening to BBC Radio Two on a Sonos One - it also works for the ‘BBC Sounds’ other stations too.

Awesome, that works. Thanks so much!