Answered

BBC Sounds not working with Alexa

• 25 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Alexa will open BBC Sounds on request and ask me which station I would like. It will announce the requested station but nothing happens just SILENCE  Works through the App so no issue with adding BBC Sounds as a service or linking the account. Thi issue also becam a problem in the same way in the latter days of BBC radio through TuneIn. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 April 2022, 17:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Perhaps see this link below, there have been some Alexa issues recently that are currently still under investigation:

https://status.sonos.com

Thanks Ken

@Zeroblue did you find out what the issue was? I am experiencing the same problem over the last few days. BBC sounds will open and recognises my station selection however it is the just silent.

It seems to be related to me resetting my router although, the settings have been restored so technically nothing has changed.

i have tried temporarily disabling my firewall but it didn't make a difference.

i can play a radio station via BBC sounds in the android Alexa app while on my WiFi which indicates its not my network\firewall and more to do with Sonos itself.

Thanks

@Zeroblue did you find out what the issue was? I am experiencing the same problem over the last few days. BBC sounds will open and recognises my station selection however it is the just silent.

It seems to be related to me resetting my router although, the settings have been restored so technically nothing has changed.

i have tried temporarily disabling my firewall but it didn't make a difference.

i can play a radio station via BBC sounds in the android Alexa app while on my WiFi which indicates its not my network\firewall and more to do with Sonos itself.

Thanks

Perhaps try disabling and re-authorising both the Sonos & BBC Sound ‘skills’ in the Amazon Alexa App and see if that resolves your issue  

Hi @Ken_Griffiths thanks for the response.

I already tried disabling and re-authorising BBC Sounds Skill which didn't work. to be honest i didn't even realise there was a Sonos skill (doh!) i have a fair few skills enabled and it was at the bottom.

i have re-authorised the Sonos skill and it is now working!

many thanks for your suggestion!

I’ve just disabled the SONOS app and re-enabled it (previously only tried same with BBC Sounds) and that’s fixed it! Thanks @Ken_Griffiths  and @KD90 

Just tried disabling and enabling the Sonos skill in alexa and it worked as well!

Thanks  @Ken_Griffiths