Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device.

• 5 December 2018
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 3
I have set up a simple 2 step routing to turn on two smart plugs simultaneously through Alexa. This works 100% find on a dot but I get an audio recording of "Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device" every time I run it from my Sonos One. How do I make this irritation go away!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

78 replies

Just stumbled across this mess after not being able to play a Spotify playlist using the name I created a Alexa Routine to do it.

It works now (Spotify playlist starts playing after invoking the Alexa Routine) but I get the annoying verbal response from Alexa “Audio actions in Routines are not supported by this device”.

Can’t believe there is no way to mute this dumb response.

Trying to contact Sonos on Twitter: https://twitter.com/_dawolf/status/1290009372500742144 lets see what they have to say.

There are SOO many responses to this issue, I will just skip the line. 

Issue: Alexa-enabled device added to a group and the group is part of a routine, or called by name. 

Example: I have a group called Bedroom. My Sonos Beam was added to the bedroom group (logical.) If I call a route on ‘bedroom,’ or initiate a command for ‘bedroom,’ the response is, “This device does not support routines...” 

FIX: Take the Sonos Beam out of the Alexa devices, ‘Bedroom group.’ 

I can now issue commands on the ‘Bedroom Group,’ and call routines without the error message. 

I have set up a simple 2 step routing to turn on two smart plugs simultaneously through Alexa. This works 100% find on a dot but I get an audio recording of "Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device" every time I run it from my Sonos One. How do I make this irritation go away!

I don’t understand with the amount of people that have complained about this that they would not just invest in building this integration. 

Listen to your customers!