Question

Audible

• 27 February 2018
  • 9 replies

I’ve purchased 2 play ones, 2 Alexa Sonos, playbar, 2 x 2nd gen play 5, 2 x 3 , Sonos Sub and Audible does not work- the whole point was for the ability to listen to my books around the house... I’m god father to the head of buying at John Lewis and frankly I’m very disappointed in John Lewis for selling a product that is functionally flawed and you should instruct ALL sales people
To state categorical that Sonas Alexa IS NOT the same as Alexa ...

I plan on returning all products...

Please advise if it’s true that Sonos Alexa doesn’t work with Audible and Messaging and Calling features Alexa has (the non Sonos version)

Also what are Sonos doing to inform client at the point of sale as this is like selling a car with only 2 wheels

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, Audible lover. Welcome to the community. All of the supported functions (and limitations) of Alexa on Sonos are clearly stated on the following page. Excerpt: "Sonos One does not support the Alexa features ‘Drop In’, calling and messaging." That being said, we are working hard to introduce more features over time.
There is some mention of Audible, that we are introducing it in the first part of 2018. We rely on our retailers to accurately represent our products at the point of sale. May I ask which location you purchased these products? We'd be keen to follow up and inform them that they are not giving accurate information.
Perhaps Sonos should remove from the Help and Tips - music and services state “ask Alexa to play Audible !”

I’m sending this off because this is what we looked at when I purchased all my Sonos equipment
It’s rant amount to fraudulently representing a product that’s flawed and should not be called Alexa Sonos because it’s not Alexa as the world knows it...it’s Alexa without arms and legs
Emphatically agree. I bought a SONOS speaker to listen to audio books, podcasts and in fact any audio media I could acces using my phone or tablet. I now feel like a car owner living in a city where I am always obliged to park in pay and display spaces. For me SONOS is dead.
Userlevel 6
Badge +9
There's nothing official yet, but all the signs point to Audible arriving on Sonos very, very soon. Quite possibly within a few days.
Audible is only one facet of my frustration with this speaker system. My fault in the end I didn’t do enough research before committing to it. Lesson learned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It’s rant amount to fraudulently representing a product that’s flawed and should not be called Alexa Sonos because it’s not Alexa as the world knows it...it’s Alexa without arms and legs

Audible lover, I am keen to rectify this misrepresentation of the product. I do need the source of this information to do so. Please supply this and rest assured, I will address.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ah! You mean tantamount ... I finally got it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’ve purchased 2 play ones, 2 Alexa Sonos, playbar, 2 x 2nd gen play 5, 2 x 3 , Sonos Sub and Audible does not work- the whole point was for the ability to listen to my books around the house... I’m god father to the head of buying at John Lewis and frankly I’m very disappointed in John Lewis for selling a product that is functionally flawed and you should instruct ALL sales people
To state categorical that Sonas Alexa IS NOT the same as Alexa ...

I plan on returning all products...

Please advise if it’s true that Sonos Alexa doesn’t work with Audible and Messaging and Calling features Alexa has (the non Sonos version)

Also what are Sonos doing to inform client at the point of sale as this is like selling a car with only 2 wheels

Isn't this complaint best directed at John Lewis? Especially since you claim to be well connected. The Sonos products are not functionally flawed, they just don't do what you claim you were informed they would by John Lewis.

Anyway, I'm sure John Lewis will take them back.