Answered

Audible ?

• 19 November 2017
  • 66 replies

Userlevel 2
I have just bought a Sonos One. The sound is great. The Alexa integration doesn't seem to work well. A lot of the skills just don't work. Audible is really important for me and I thought it would be possible to play through Alexa. It tells me it is about to play my book..but nothing happens.

Audible is 80% of my use case. I might have to take it back
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 March 2018, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

66 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Come on, bring on the Audible support! I’m having so many issues with the Sonos One relating to Alexa/Amazon functions. I realize this may be Amazon causing problems to try and drive traffic to their own hardware, but then just tell us that! Then we can put pressure on Amazon to stop trying to be like Apple.

Don’t want to hurt your relationship with Amazon? Release the information anonymously. Show us you care about your customers. I’m a new one. Give me a reason to stay your customer.
Maybe today is the day?
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Maybe today is the day?

Why do you think this?
Maybe today is the day?

Why do you think this?

Just because it’s a Tuesday and updates tend to be on Tuesdays 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Maybe today is the day?

Why do you think this?

Just because it’s a Tuesday and updates tend to be on Tuesdays :)

Nothing here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, I'm spreading the news. Starting today, I can officially announce that Audible is back on Sonos, starting today. See more here in our official announcement post.
Hi everyone, I'm spreading the news. Starting today, I can officially announce that Audible is back on Sonos, starting today. See more here in our official announcement post.

Well, that's good news, apart from the "Later this year, you’ll also be able to use Alexa to control what’s playing from Audible on Sonos." This is what I'd expected now to be honest. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
😃 There's always someone along to find downside of any good news.
:D There's always someone along to find downside of any good news.
Yep. But then this thread is about Alexa integration with Audible on a Sonos One
@chris: ok. your predictions were not as wrong as i thought. actually you came pretty close regarding the date, so i have to admit, that your research was good - regarding the reasons for this whole audible / sonos trouble, im still a little "unfaithful", but well, that doesn't really matter anymore. happy to have audible on Sonos now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hey I’m happy it finally made it. Keep the faith and enjoy your music (and books).