Audible on Sonos

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
  • Community Manager
  • 10558 replies

Starting today, Audible is now available on Sonos! You can now play from Audible on Sonos using the Sonos app or directly to Sonos players using the Audible app. Later this year, you’ll also be able to use Alexa to control what’s playing from Audible on Sonos.

Audible hosts the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, and now you can listen to any of those, out loud, in any room of your home on Sonos.  

Catch up on a biography while you cook dinner in the kitchen or queue up a favorite in the living room with the family. We already have a few favorites we’re planning to listen to this week, check them out here.    

To get started, just add Audible as a service to Sonos in the Sonos App by going More > Add a Service or play directly from the Audible App to Sonos. Once added, pick your favorite book and easily navigate chapters, or jump forward and backward by 30 seconds to skip parts or hear something again.

For more details on setting up Audible, please see our page here.

Audible will remember where you last were listening using your Audible app and you can pick right back up again on Sonos when you get home.

Audible is available on Sonos in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, and Canada.

Still want to read more? Check out our home page here.

102 replies

Great news but although I can play from the Sonos app on iOS, it doesn't connect from Audible app. Tried uninstalling Sonos and Audible apps but no luck. Can see list of devices but does not connect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you try a reboot of your ios device?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
When you go to connect to a player, it should bring up a screen asking you to Authorize that device, does that pop-up load? If so, do you get to select "Ok" to log in with your Audible credentials to listen on Sonos. You will only need to do this once (so if you've already done this, it won't come up again). If that's not loading, I'd suggest toggling your wireless off and back on and testing this out again.

If that doesn't do it, I'd suggest that you give us a call on our support line.
Badge
Working for me. Praise the Lord!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Great job by Sonos, Audible and Amazon, the spaghetti maze of wifi connections seem to be working great, except for being able to search my Audible library on the Sonos App. But, no big issue, will keep trying and I am sure I will figure out searching.
Userlevel 1
Badge
All working here, Canada too!
Userlevel 1
How come not all countries, such as Sweden?
Userlevel 1
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No support for 90% of the worlds countries? So, no support for Norway... Are we seriously living in the 2000s? With DVD restrictions and that crap? Still with an ONLINE subscription service that I pay for I will not be able to use on my physical speakers that are 1 meters from me at this moment because of Country restrictions? Seriously are this some kind of joke?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did someone say it was restricted? To 90% of countries?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi xtravagan and Robert_69, streaming services usually have licensing that has to be worked at a per country level for both content and streaming rights. I'll pass on the request for those countries to the team for you. You can see some details here from Audible regarding their marketplace. As soon as Audible is ready to stream in your county, we'll be working with them to make them available on Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Hello Ryan,

Thank you, however Audible works fine in Sweden already today so I am not entirely sure why Sonos would have to even consider it. If my account at Amazon allows me to connect it will only show titles my region allows.
But Ryan that is simply not true.
I can listen to audible fine in Denmark, on my phone, on my computer, on a amazon echo, but not on sonos? And sonos isnt even he content provider? Why?
It's not working for me (in Canada). First I tried through the Audible app. After clicking "Connect to Device" I get a list of my Sonos speakers. Clicking on one of those (I've tried them all multiple times) gets me to the Authorization page. I click 'Continue', the screen returns to the book page - and nothing. The book continues to play on my phone but not on the selected Sonos speaker. Clicking "Connect..." again brings up the Authorization page again, and again 'Continue' doesn't generate any effects. I have restarted the phone a number of times, but to no avail.
Abc
Userlevel 1
Hallelujah. Thank you Sonos!:D. Working perfectly in the UK
Badge
Working perfectly for me in India, but then my devices are very confused about where they live! ;-) Next up would be the ability to bookmark a book and of course change playback speed. Any chance of that happening?

Cheers…Kishore
WHY, WHY, WHY !!??

I have been waiting for two years for this to work again.
Today I finally saw what I have been waiting for "Audible is now available on Sonos".

But it is not!
- I live in Denmark, so Audible does not show up as a music service !? WTF!

Can someone at the right level at Sonos please pick up the phone and call the right people at Audible - Please fix this ASAP.
I have been an Audible member for the past 10 years, so I am pretty sure that streaming Audible content in Denmark works.

I'm sick and tired of waiting(!) - oh and while we wait a bit longer, please change the misleading headline to "Audible on Sonos - in a few countries".

Thank you.
Badge
I have a US and a UK account under the same account name - when I first login and click on Audible, I see audible.co.uk and audible.com, and both have my books under each section - great! However, when I start to listen to one, if I go back to audible later, it goes directly to the region that book is in and I can't change region and go to the other region. I can't add a second account as sonos says that account is already added. Is there a way to force sonos to not remember the region, or to allow me to change it without having to remove and re-add audible to sonos?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey! Why isn’t Audible on SONOS available in Italy? I regularly pay an Audible subscription, I spent more than € 300 for my SONOS speaker. Why on earth shouldn’t I be treated like people in the rest of the world?! I’ve been waiting for this feature for almost two years, since you had announced it. You made us wait more than expected. What game are you playing?! I’m really disappointed with both SONOS and Audible.
Hi. I have a US and a UK amazon/audible account. I need my UK account to be active on Sonos. Both accounts have the same username. When I try to add the service it defaults to US and I cannot see anyway to add UK. Please help. Thank you.
Audiable service does not apear as a service in sonos. I have re install the 2 apps. Reboot ios and still does not apear. Any suggestion?
I think I found a solution. From within the audible app on my iPhone I was able to see my Sonos players and when I selected them I was able to do what I want.
Can't add Audible as a music service and the Audible app won't authorize my players. Is it actually working?
That’s great, but it’s only halfway there for me. Until I can also change the reading speed, this is worthless. I’d go crazy listening at 1x.
Are you kidding me? I've been waiting for this for years and now my country (Denmark) isn't supported even though I can perfectly listen to audible on all of my other devices. That's simply ridiculous.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings