Skip to main content
Question

arc wont connect to amazon

When I go to add the voice assistant. Alexa tries to connect to Amazon but won't connect. It allows me to connect to Google. But I need Amazon Alexa because all my music is there.

Hi @AC511 & @LJG777 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with adding Alexa to your Sonos speakers. We have no estimate for when a fix will become available.

Some users have reported, however, that uninstalling the Amazon Shopping app will force the Sonos app to use a browser (rather than the Amazon app) to perform the log-in to your Amazon account. You can add the Shopping app back onto your device once Alexa has been added to your Sonos system.

Why has this been closed ? 

This thread is not closed. The author of the opening post or another moderator may have marked the Best Answer, however. I have un-marked it.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P 

I tried deleting the shopping app  as well as the Alexa app and Amazon Music . DeRegistered my devices in Amazon  and disabled the Sonos skill. Rebooted router and speakers. Reinstalled Sonos app.

Without logging into my Sonos account…. it shows the below ( ie doesn’t go to a browser)  

After logging into my Sonos account it shows the below as before  ( Alexa added when click add voice assistant… but not on the prior screen as an enabled assistant) 

So I think that previous workaround only works on Android  

So I think the only fix is the date/time one identified after all?! 

Hi @LJG777 

Please note that the Alexa app must be installed on the same device as the Sonos app for Alexa to be added to a speaker.

It could still be the date/time issue you mentioned, however.

I hope this helps.

Hi @LJG777 

Please note that the Alexa app must be installed on the same device as the Sonos app for Alexa to be added to a speaker.

It could still be the date/time issue you mentioned, however.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P 

Yes sorry I should have said ….I reinstalled the Alexa app….and the Sonos devices are in there. Your workaround to use the Alexa app on the phone to command the speakers works..so I guess it is just the time/date fix after all for iOS  

Doesn't work on Android phones either. I'm still without Alexa as a voice assistant.

You can't get past the logos and emblems part. The app just does a continuous search and never connects.

Hi @AC511 

Do you have any other apps created by Amazon installed? (Audiobooks, Amazon Prime Video, for example) If so, please try removing them from your device for the duration of the install of Alexa to Sonos.

Failing that, I can only recommend contacting our support teams for assistance, or waiting for further updates.

I hope this helps.

Any update on this? It was of the main features I wanted out of my Move 2. That's why I spent my money. I've tried all the above and have installed all the fortnightly updates as they have been released 

Hi @Bald Sparky 

No ETA as of yet, but we do expect this to be resolved very soon.

If you have a different controller (an iPhone, or a different Android device), it may help to try from that device instead.

I hope this helps.