Answered

Arc + One (voice) or One SL (microphone free)

• 26 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

HI - I have a Sonos Arc and I’d like to get the true surround sound experience and I’m thinking of getting a Sonos One (voice control) or Sonos SL (no voice control/microphone free).  The Arc has voice control - would getting the Sonos One be redundant to have another Amazon Alexa device in the room?  Any thoughts?  I’m thinking maybe I should just get a set of the Sonos SL - but - I thought if one day I move them to a room that doesn’t have the Arc..it might be nice to have the voice controls.  Any thoughts?  Thanks! - Kevin

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 April 2021, 23:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

When you connect a pair Sonos speakers as surround speakers to a Sonos soundbar, you lose voice control functionality on those speakers. So the best option would be the One SLs. But if you plan on moving those speakers to another room in the future, you might consider getting one Sonos One SL and one Sonos One. A One SL and One can still be paired as a stereo pair.

Badge

Thanks for the feedback!